Teen Portfolio Building Workshop
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately.
These weekly workshops are designed to help teens build a portfolio of work for school or personal use. Each weekly workshop will focus on a different portfolio requirement needed to apply to various creative high schools. Each lesson builds upon new skills each week. Sign up for 4 classes and save $10.
The workshops will allow students to expand their artistic skill sets as well as to investigate their individuality and unique identities. Students will be introduced to local and international artists while exploring different materials and techniques used in traditional and contemporary art making.
These themes reset at the start of each month:
Week 1: Still Life
- Each month change type of objects and mediums used
Week 2: Self Portrait
- Each month choose a different media
- Students should work from a mirror
- You can change the process, approach, or technique
- Backgrounds could provide opportunities for creativity/ imagination
- Students can choose different vantage points for variety
Week 3: Figure Drawing
- Combination of quick studies and long poses
- Different choices of drawing materials available
Week 4: Creative Piece
This can be any project that demonstrates an alternative process, concept, approach or idea. Some examples could include:
- 3D, Mixed Media, Printmaking etc...
- Abstract or nonrepresentational
- A work of art that speaks to personal identity
- Works that tackle big idea themes
- Works created using unconventional materials or processes
- Design based work such as an ad or movie poster
Goals for this course
- To build a portfolio of work for school or personal use.
- Understand different art forms, materials and techniques.
- Learn about the curatorial process and prepare work to be exhibited in a professional art show.
- Gain knowledge of artists and their art forms.
All skill levels are welcome to join this class. No prior arts background needed.
Types of art forms covered in this course
- Self portrait drawing
- Still life drawing
- Digital Photography
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.