Virtual Summer Camp from Guidepost Montessori: ART IN ACTION, June 6-10, 2022
*The event has already taken place on this date: Fri, 06/10/2022
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can update it immediately. If you have a question about the activity itself, please contact the organization administrator listed below.
Virtual Summer Camp
Virtual camp will follow the same weekly themes and schedule as in-person camp. Families will need to source some general household products and supplies, and will share a materials list in advance.
- Run as weekly sessions from June 6th - August 12th
- Monday - Friday, half-day programming
- Available in two time zones: 9:00-12:00pm EST / 9:30-12:30pm PST
- Pricing: $150/week not including supplies and materials
- Multi-week and early bird discounts available
- Contact admissions at (636) 445-5360
Summer 2022 Camp themes:
June 6-10: Art in Action
June 13-17: Fantastic Fibers
June 20-24: Need for Speed
June 27-July 1: Story Magic
July 4-8: Drawing and Design
July 11-15: Taking Flight
July 18-22: Making Contact
July 25-29: Fictional Friends
August 1-5: Science and Circuitry
August 8-12: Spectacular Structures
What makes a summer camp "Montessori"?
This summer camp has been designed with the Montessori approach to education in mind:
- Freedom of choice — Students can work on projects freely can move from activity to activity on their own terms
- A child-centered approach that encourages independent exploration — Children feel empowered by freedom of choice, and so pursue work that fascinates them. This helps the child develop concentration, willpower and independence
- Experiential learning — Children learn best by doing things for themselves, so the summer camp program offers lots of opportunities for children to work with their hands
- Faith that the child wants to learn — Montessori educators believe that children are happiest when they have the option to work on something meaningful, which is why summer camp places a strong emphasis on connecting themes to meaningful stories rooted in historic or cultural context
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.