231 East Wyoming AvenuePhiladelphia , PA , 19120-4439
Phone: 215-685-915840° 1' 16.8852" N, 75° 7' 14.4732" W
In 1927, Philadelphia City Council passed an ordinance to set aside 10,000 square feet of the playground located at "B" Street and Wyoming Avenue for the construction of the Wyoming Avenue Branch. This branch would turn out to be the last of 25 Free Library branches constructed through the generosity of Andrew Carnegie. In fact, it turned out to be the last library in the world constructed with funds donated by the great library philanthropist. In all, Carnegie and his corporation gave more than $56 million to build 2,509 public libraries throughout the English-speaking world, to make self-education available to everyone.
Academic, Hands-on, Reading / Story time